You’ve heard of micro-lending, and how small loans to the right people can transform poverty and starvation into community-wide collaborative entrepreneurial spirit, leading to clean water, food, light and hope. You all no doubt have many ways in which you help make our world a better place. I’d like to ask you to join us in another terrific and easy way to help alleviate global poverty. Join our Cultural Detective team on Kiva! By clicking on this link, you can make your first US$25 loan for free! Let’s take put this offer to great use!
What do I love about loaning with Kiva?
- 100% of the money you lend goes to loans, not overhead. Kiva has Charity Navigator’s highest rating.
- In this case, your first loan is free!
- You can make your a loan with as little as US$25.
- You choose who you want to lend to. Kiva allows you to search by gender, country, economic sector, or lending organization to review profiles of people worldwide who are requesting a loan.
- It is fun to loan with a group of like-minded colleagues. There is strength in numbers! Watching my loans get repaid, and the loans I’ve extended multiply, is even cooler because I can see how much impact all of us together are having! And, I can see how others on the team are loaning, and learn from them. (You can also be perfectly anonymous and private if you choose.)
- It all happens online. When a loan gets repaid, you get notified. If you want to see what’s going on, you visit the website.
- You make a loan, the loan gets repaid, you either get your money back, or you get to make another loan! The assistance just keeps echoing out, helping more and more people.
- I so enjoy looking through all the terrific ways people find to improve the lives of their families and communities. A few minutes spent on Kiva can uplift your soul!
Micro-credit isn’t the only answer to poverty, but it sure seems to have been an answer for millions of people.
Thank you so much for being part of our Cultural Detective community. We are thrilled you have joined us in the quest to make our world a more equitable, sustainable, collaborative place. Joining the CD Kiva team is just one more way of doing that.